A Magical Micro Wedding
Carey and Matt’s micro wedding was an absolute dream. They got married at Carey’s parents’ home in the Philadelphia area. Their rural home had a barn, meadow, and pool that made for a gorgeous backdrop for Carey and Matt’s wedding. As we were standing in the meadow for some photos, Carey said, “This part of the meadow is my happy place!” Her true happiness shined through the photos we captured.
Micro Wedding Ideas
Carey and Matt had lots of great ideas to make their micro wedding a success! Here’s a few that I’ve learned from Carey and Matt and others throughout my years of wedding photography.
- Choose a place that’s special to you and can accommodate your guest list. Carey chose her parents’ farm.
- Make a list of items you’ll need to rent. Think tables, chairs, linens, sound equipment, bathrooms, tents, etc. and factor those things into your budget.
- Take time to map out the layout of the event. Consider where you’ll set up the ceremony, tents, and parking in ways that best accommodate your guests.
- Hire a wedding planner or designate someone to keep your event on track, since you won’t have venue staff to keep things moving. Carey’s dad was a master at this!
- Incorporate special details and moments into your event. You picked this place for a reason, show your guests why it’s special to you. Carey’s mom grew flowers from seed for the event, right there in her yard.
- Seek out vendors who are comfortable doing rural or offsite events. Carey and Matt teamed up with Jeffrey Miller Catering and Robertson’s Florals.
- Factor in transportation and parking. If your micro wedding will be a rural area, consider hiring a taxi service to get people safely back to their homes or hotel.
From an early morning run to a small scenic wedding…
Carey and Matt’s story started over a shared love for cross country running. They’re always down for an early morning wake up and a brisk run, followed by a solid cup of coffee. I was lucky enough to meet Carey and Matt during their engagement session at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.